Pages

Monday, July 11, 2016

One foot in front of the other

"A walk?" said Catharine.
"One foot in front of the other," said Newt, "through leaves, over bridges---"
-- Kurt Vonnegut, Long Walk To Forever 

This morning as I was having coffee, I debated with myself.

"You haven't worked out."
"It's been raining. I've been waking up late because work."
"Then do yoga."
"I know. But I'm not in the mood."
"You should go for a walk, then."
"It's raining."
"You can bring an umbrella."
"Sounds ok. Where should I go?"
"Go to town."
"Or Camp John Hay. I can time myself."
"Yeah, but there'll be another day for that. Go to town, buy Baguio Chronicle."
"Remember when I walked from town to Mines View?"*
"Of course."

It was at this point when I realized I can take up a suggestion made in the Walk Happy group in Facebook: take note of the time it takes to get from one point to another on foot. I already know the average time it takes for me to get from Mines View to Wright Park (around 17-20 minutes, downhill), so why not add to the documentation? The thought made me giddy.

Initially I thought to just make a quick blog post about my "new venture," but the ambitious side of me had bigger plans. Why not start a blog about walking? Not just documenting where, how far, and how fast I've walked, but everything about the experience?

So here we are. Welcome to Walkdays with Laurie, where I'll be sharing my thoughts, experiences, observations, and everything in between about walking.

Walk with me?

*Another story for another post. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment